Sunday, July 14, 2013

Go-Go Guhls

This morning I got Gianna up and put her on the changing table.  The first thing she asked me for, of course, was milk.  Then she started saying this phrase that I couldn't understand.  It sounded like "go-go guhls."  She had said it yesterday, and I didn't understand it then, so this morning I was trying to figure it out.  When I picked her up to go into the other room, this is how our conversation went:

Gia:  Milk?
Me:  Yes baby, your milk is ready for you in the kitchen.
Gia:  And go-go guhls?
Me:  Go-go girls?  ::trying to figure this out, then suddenly getting it::  Ooooh, Gilmore Girls!  You want to watch Gilmore girls?
Gia:  Gi-moe guls.
Me:  This is the proudest I've ever been of you, Gia.

I finally realized what she was saying because usually in the morning Gia drinks her milk while watching one of her DVDs (usually it's the Duggars), so when she asked for the Gilmore Girls in that context, I knew what she was asking for.

I was seriously excited.  I am so tickled that Gia loves the same show that I love.  Of course, it was bound to happen.  I watched Gilmore Girls while pregnant, all through my labor, and late at night when I would nurse her.  So it's only natural that Gianna would eventually love it, too :o)  That's my girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment