Sunday, August 18, 2013

Gia's First Haircut

Yesterday (Saturday 8/17/13, ) we went down to Bountiful to get Gia's haircut.   I had been trying to find a place to cut it, but we don't have any children's hair-cutting places nearby and I didn't want to pay a crazy amount to get it done at a real salon.  So, I just put it off a bit.  Then I got an email about a fundraiser that Main Attraction hair salon was putting on.  ALL the money given for a haircut on Saturday went to help pay medical bills for a baby boy who needs a heart transplant.  Help a baby and get Gia's hair cut all in one?  Yes, please!  

Gia did much better than I thought she would!  She's been a bit shy around people lately, so I wasn't sure if she would even let anyone touch her.  She absolutely would not sit in the chair by herself or wear the cape/cover, but after the lady suggested that she sit in Bobby's lap, she did pretty well.  There were a few tears, and then I handed her the M&M container, Bobby teased her a bit, and we all told her how pretty she was looking as the hair came off.  That did the trick.  By the end, she was cautiously-happy.  I think she was tickled at the attention and getting to look pretty, but still unsure of the whole process.  At the end she was sad to leave the salon!

First reaction:


 Then came the M&Ms:

 And after Daddy started playing with her:

 She's very serious about wanting her hair just right :o)


 The finished product!  The hairdresser did a great job, and we got to help a family in need.  It was a good day!
Our hairdresser was fantastic.  She was patient and sweet with Gia, and she was donating her time to help the baby in need.  She even donated her tips all day!  I almost forgot to get a lock of her hair, but thankfully the she asked me if I wanted it.  Of course I said yes, I'm super sentimental.  

I want Gia's hair to grow nice and long, but we had to get rid of that mullet that has formed since birth.  I told the hairdresser to take off as little as she had to in order to even it out, and she did.  Now Gia's hair is even and the curls look beautiful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment