Saturday, July 2, 2016

Gia - 5 years old

Gia recently had her 5th birthday.  When I really stop to think about her being 5, I have a hard time knowing that all that time has gone by.  I have a hard time thinking about the change that's coming.  School, mainly, and along with that losing control of always being with her to protect her, guide her, kiss her boo-boos, gently correct her, and encourage her in everything (because she's with me nearly all the time).

When I look at who she has become so far, I'm overwhelmed with joy and pride.  She's kind, thoughtful, so very quick to forgive, silly, smart, beautiful, helpful with her brothers and a gentle teacher to them, and always happy to be around other people.  She can be stubborn, like the rest of her family, but I pray that she uses that determined mind to do what's right and stand firm against what's wrong.

Her favorite food, if you ask her, is chicken casserole.  Her favorite lunch is sandwiches.

She just loves to take care of Joey, and she and Trey have fun playing together.

She still lets me pick out her clothes without complaining, but she's just as excited about looking pretty as any other 5 year old girl.  And we tell her she's pretty all the time.

She wears size 5, but she can still fit into size 3 leggings.  Size 10 shoes (but I think she just recently has grown a little and might need size 11 soon).

Still likes bows, but doesn't always want to wear them.  She has fun choosing her hairstyles.

She spends 20-30 minutes every night reading in bed after we tuck her in.  She can read on a first grade level and is learning new words all the time.  I've stopped doing flash cards with her because she knows all the words she needs to through at least first grade.

She's very excited about school, although I'm so sad to see her go.  I think she'll do really well in school, but I'll miss my little smiling helper in the mornings.

She absolutely loves church!  This makes my heart happy :)  She also gets very excited about any kind of social engagement, like playdates, dates with Daddy, seeing extended family, block parties, Awana, etc...

She can do so many things that she couldn't a year ago!  She can completely work the TV and Wii, and do a lot of skills in the kitchen.  She writes thank you notes and makes up her own songs.  She is amazing at coloring in the lines and just recently learned to do a cartwheel (well, the start of one, anyway).  She learns so fast and I'm always amazed at how quickly she can pick up math concepts, memorize words to read, memorize Bible verses

No comments:

Post a Comment