Sunday, January 10, 2016

Joey - 4 Months

Oh my goodness, the sweetness in this boy!  He is just a constant reminder of the joy that the we should carry in our hearts all the time.  Even when he's tired or sick or hungry (to a point), he smiles at us.  He loves to be held, but is so happy to play with the toys that hang about him in his bouncy seat, swing or play mat.  




He has gotten a little spoiled and doesn't like to fall asleep on his own anymore... he prefers to be held and bounced to sleep.

This is my first baby who really loves to hear me sing.  I sing him, "This little light of mine" and "You are my sunshine," and he calms down within a few seconds.  Gia and Trey like to sing along with me when I sing to him.  

He is sleeping through the night most nights (about 9-10 hours) and takes either one long nap or a couple short naps in the day.  


He had his first sickness this month, and it was quite a cold.  He ran a fever, was stuffy, had a bad cough and sore throat.  But through it all, he still smiled.


He smiles at Gia and Trey a lot, and Gia can make him laugh, too.  They still adore him and get excited to see him in the mornings.  I seriously don't know how it happened, but they have no jealousy.  They just love him.




He's mostly in 9 month clothes (some 6 month) and size 2 diapers.

The sweetest thing he does lately is to hold my face while he nurses.  I love it :)

I've been a slacker on tummy time, and therefore we have some progress to make.  However, he can sit up a little bit on his own when positioned right, so I guess his tummy muscles are strong.

1/8/16 - We started using the bumbo.  Joey is a little wobbly, but smiles a lot and seems to like it.


1/9/16 - Joey laughed for the first time!  While he started a small laugh about 2 weeks ago, this night was the first time he really laughed a lot.  Gia and I were tickling him, and he was laughing.  I thought I got it on camera, but the dumb thing didn't record!  That's the second time my camera has messes up and caused me to miss my children's first laughs.

1/13/16 - Started loving his feet

1/19/16 - Discovered his hands



1/20/16 - Sat up for about 5 seconds on his own!










 Oh how I love those baby toes.  Bobby was saying how much he loves that they curl up.










No comments:

Post a Comment