Thursday, May 1, 2014

Jesus is God

Last night, Gia found a cross necklace that I had hung around the door handle.  She asked to wear it, and has been wearing it ever since.  I told her that the cross represents Jesus.  This morning when Bobby went to get her, she asked if she could put on the necklace.  Then she said, "Daddy, is this necklace for me or for God?"  Bobby explained that that the necklace was Gia's, but the cross was about God/Jesus.

It was amazing to me that she asked if the necklace was for "God" because I know that I told her it represented "Jesus."  In her almost-3 year old mind, she has realized that they are one-in-the-same.  She associates them together and interchanged God & Jesus.  I am just amazed at all that she hears and understands, and how she is starting to verbalize it.  It makes me very excited for future theological conversations!

No comments:

Post a Comment