Friday, April 1, 2016

Joey - 6 months!

My happy baby :)  He loves to grab a the mobile above him, especially the monkey.  He's usually happy for a while in the swing before wanting to be held or moved.  I had lost the plug in between babies so I ordered a new plug for the swing so that it would work, and I'm so glad I did!




3/13/16 - Joey played in his jumper for the first time today.  He loved it, and Gia & Trey loved it too!  They kept hitting the music button and dancing around, while Joey was completely distracted by the toys.











At 5 months we went to the doctor and he weighed 16 1/2 lbs, which is a whole pound more than when he got weighed at 4 months!  

He's definitely in 9 month clothes now, or "6-9" months.

Still no hair!  We keep waiting for it :)

He still eats about every 3 hours for close to 20 minutes.

He LOVES stuffed animals and other toys!


3/28/16 - Joey rolled over both ways for the first time!  I just happened to be filming the kids with my video camera and caught it on tape!  Now he rolls over a lot.

He loves to bend over backwards, silly boy!


He had his first Easter and attempt at Easter pictures :)


He likes to eat at dinner time, but he has to have milk first and not be tired.  He eats 1/3 to 1/2 of a jar at a time.  Eventually I'll make my own baby food, but a friend of ours was so sweet and gave us jars of food, so we are using that first (plus, I don't want to make it until he's really eating a meal's worth).  He doesn't like peas, but loves sweet potatoes and carrots.

I'm still not sleeping.  It's been about 2 months since I've slept more than 4 hours at time, which is pretty tiring.  However, Gia and Trey are so patient with me in the morning and are totally fine watching a show while I occasionally get an extra 1/2 hour sleep.  His naps are also sporadic and at different times in the day.  All of my kids have been this way until they turned about 10-12 months.  Then, I'll get my sleep back and we'll be on a more regular schedule.

He's definitely an extravert!  He loves people and all the action going on around him.

Around the end of March he started outgrowing his bassinet, which is a bummer because we can't fit the pack & play in our room.  Since he's not sleeping through the night yet, I hate to put him in Gia's room yet.   However, we may not have a choice because he doesn't seem very comfortable in the bassinet anymore.

Even when he doesn't sleep, he's happy when he's awake.  That's a blessing!

He switches from the bumbo to the play mat, to the bouncy seat to the swing, and to my arms all day long.  And he's as happy as can be in each of these things for a good, long time.













And some other pictures, just for fun!





 









No comments:

Post a Comment