Friday, May 1, 2015

Date with Gia 5/1/15

It was my turn to take Gia on a date today... yay!  We had such a good time.  First, we went to a local bakery and she got a giant iced cookie with sprinkles and I got a cinnamon bun (and we each got a free slice of bread, which we didn't end up eating because we were completely full!).  Then we drove over to our favorite coffee shop and ordered hot cocoa.  The ladies who work there see her every week (because she's been coming there with Bobby for a year and a half) and they automatically filled up an 8oz cup of whipped cream for her to eat on the side.  It's awesome!

Here are pictures to sum up our time.

Yup, we matched.  Always thought it was a little cheezy, until today, when I dressed us.

Gia with her giant cookies, cup of whipped cream and hot cocoa.  She also had bites of my cinnamon bun.  Of course, she didn't eat anywhere close to all of it, but her belly still hurt afterwards.



She learned how to write Uncle Josh's name.  She can independently write the "o" and "h" but needed some help with the "J" and "s."  Still, I think her Uncle would be proud.


 She loves to use lots of colors when she colors pictures.  Sometimes she's very detailed and stays in the lines, and sometimes she gets silly and scribbles all over.


She wanted to show off her coloring of Princess Sofia.  When choosing colors, she said, "Blue's going to be my favorite color when I'm 10."


Gia took the camera for this one!  She did a pretty good job, I think!  We were reading her recently-favorite book, The Berenstain Bears Go to the Doctor.  This was my favorite book series as a kid, and I'm so excited to share it with her.  She's gotten really into the movies and books lately (the movies are really kid-friendly, although with the books I sometimes have to change the words because they introduce concepts that she hasn't though of yet, like toilet-papering a house at Halloween).


We also practiced her Bible verse from this past week, re-read the cubbie story from last week and colored a picture of Jesus and his disciples.  She said, "Let's see if we can color Jesus.  I love this guy."


We also put together a puzzle (the same one 3 times).  We had to clear the table, but when I went to put her Lambie stuffed animal away, she told me that Lambie wanted to be with us while we did the puzzle.  So as we were looking for a place to put Lambie, she said, "I have a spot beside me [on my chair] because my butt is small."  Love that kid!  She is a true blessing to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment