Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Bad Mom Day

I feel like a bad mom today... last night Trey woke up (for the second night in a row) because his fever had spiked and his nose was stuffy.  I gave him medicine, cleaned his face, and rocked him a while.  He fell asleep in my lap, but as soon as I stood up with him, he of course woke up, and clung to me as if I was the only thing that would make him feel better.  I had to let him sleep, however, and I left him in his crib.  He eventually fell asleep about 15 minutes later, but I felt awful about it.

Then today I was playing with the kids outside while talking to an old friend on the phone.  They were both on the outside swing which sits on our patio.  Gia got off, and I was standing right in front of Trey, but Gia gave the swing a little push, and Trey fell out head first.  I tried to grab his head with my hand, but only managed to slow his fall and push him sideways a bit.  Thank the Lord, Trey hit his head on our "sit and spin" toy, which had scooted underneath the swing, rather than the concrete, but the swing gave him a long scratch on the head and he still got a bruise on his forehead.  He cried, of course, but after some M&Ms and Elmo, he was okay.

THEN, while sitting on the couch watching Elmo as he was recovering from the fall he JUST had, he scooted off the couch and fell forward and chipped his front tooth on the coffee table!  I was sitting RIGHT there, but Gia was in front of Trey and I couldn't get to him fast enough.  He cried some more and I saw that his tooth was chipped, and felt awful again.  He has such pretty teeth :(  And of course, 5 minutes later, I had to put him down for a nap, and he cried for me again.  Awful.

I called Bobby after getting Gia settled into her quite time, and it was my turn to cry.  Thankfully my dentist is going to look at the tooth tomorrow morning and not charge us anything, because I have the best dentist ever, but I don't know what can be done about it.  Lord willing it's an easy fix.

I feel like I need to stay away from my kids for the rest of the day for their own safety.  At the same time, all I want to do is hug them and hold them because I'm so thankful that Trey's fall off the swing wasn't worse.  Somedays being a mom is emotional work (especially with not much sleep).  We're just getting ready for that #3, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment