Saturday, December 20, 2014

Weaning

So, just a couple days after Trey turned 13 months, I decided to give him one bottle a day and start weaning him to 2 feedings a day.  2 days later, he was completely weaned!  I guess he loved that bottle, and I loved how he was sleeping more during the day.  I just drank a little less water, and Trey, little by little, told me "all done" when he nursed, until I just started offering the bottle instead.  Now, he takes 3 bottles a day, loves it, goes down to bed wide awake and puts himself to sleep.

I cried and cried the last time I nursed as I realized he was done.  It's a little heart breaking watching those snuggle times go away, but thankfully God gave me a snuggly baby boy, and hopefully he'll just continue to want to sit with me as he gets older.  However, bottles are wonderful things.  I mean, nursing is precious, but bottles are awesome.  Doesn't take as long, he can drink while I change his diaper in the morning (and therefore doesn't fuss or roll around), and he has gone from taking 1/2 hour naps to taking 2 hour naps!  Ahhh, time to myself!  Well, time to clean, but I'll take it.


No comments:

Post a Comment